Gynecomastia - Male Breast Reduction

Cabrera Plástica & Estética

"The term Gynecomastia comes from the Greek words gyne meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast"".

Gynecomastia - Male Breast Reduction  - Cabrera Plástica & Estética Córdoba

 

The term Gynecomastia comes from the Greek words gyne meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast." In practical terms, this means abnormally large breasts on men. The condition is relatively common in adolescent boys, and 90% of the time symptoms disappear a few years later. But in the remaining 10%, breast are large enough to create social and psychological problems to patients.

 

How do I know if I am a good candidate for Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)? 

If you are unhappy with the size and appearance of your breast, you have first tried to attain a more defined chest with diet and exercise and you do not use marijuana, steroids, or over consume alcohol. 

 

What are the options availables for a Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)?

Sometimes the entire fat is removed only with liposuction, creating a good looking contoured chest. Nevertheless, if the component of the breast is mainly gland, many times is necesary to remove it using a nipple incision and removing the entire gland.

 

FAQS

How long do I need to remain off of work after a Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)?

It depends on the type of work that you perform. If you works in a relaxed office setting, usually only two or four days is necessary. If heavy or strenuous work is involved, you needs at least one week or more.

How long do I wear the compression garment after Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction?

It is necessary to wear your compression garment for six weeks to manage the postoperative swelling that occurs after surgery.

How long do I need to remain off exercise after Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)?

A minimum of three to six weeks is extremely important for proper recovery. Our goal is to reduce swelling, and have the skin contract and re-adhere to the underlining chest wall. 

What question should I ask to my surgeon if I am thinking to have a Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)?

Questions that you must ask to your surgeon include certification (Member of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery), years in practice and specialization in breast aesthetic surgery and aesthetic surgery in males. You must be informed about all the risks and complications with this surgery. 

In what hospital the surgery should be place?

All the gynecomastias surgeries are performed in Hospital “San Juan de Dios” de Cordoba (Spain). This hospital is located in a wonderful area in Cordoba. This hospital, which is fully equipped with the most advanced and qualified staff, is leader in the private health sector in Cordoba. 

What type of anesthesia will be used for a Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)?

For gynecomastia we use general anesthesia in the most severe cases, but local anesthesia plus sedation must be considered in milder cases. 

Should I stop taking any medication before my Male Breast Reduction?

If you take any medication you should continue to take it, even on the day of your surgery. However, if you take aspirin or any of its derivatives you should stop taking it 14 days before the surgery to reduce the risk of bleeding.

 

 

If you have any questions about your Gynecomastia in Cordoba (Spain), don´t hesitate to fill our contact form and we will answer to you as soon as posible.

 

If you are looking for a Gynecomastia in Cordoba or nearby towns (Madrid, Malaga, Seville, Jaen, Ciudad Real), but you come for more than an hour away, we will endeavor to find you the most suitable time for your appointment, so you can return to your city at the desired time.